Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Legends is excited to be launching a new external catering and events company in the LA market. This new business will carefully handcraft unique and one-of-a-kind catering services for any event in the greater LA county. With a focus on providing authentic cuisine made with local ingredients, there is no event Local LA cannot both execute and elevate.
We are interested in bringing local, premium fare to your next party, fundraiser, celebration, and beyond. We are driven by our passion to support local, eat local, and build local experiences, as the nation’s premier culinary and events team.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the overall sales process. They will promote the company and find new customers, preferably those who will provide repeat business. Our ideal applicant has both sales and high-volume catering experience, a bachelor's degree in hospitality, and restaurant management experience.
- Research, analyze, and develop special event profit generating opportunities
- Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, attend industry trade shows
- Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations, and groups
- Monitor changes and new developments in the catering and events industry
- Work closely and build relationships with off premise event venues
- Manage and direct all event logistics, including managing the events calendar, conducting walk-throughs and off premise site visits, primary contact for clients
- Prepare and provide required reports to the Director of Sales; event revenue reports, profit and loss statements, sales recaps, and sales forecasting
- Obtain feedback from clients following each special event to determine and analyze client satisfaction, organizational performance, and event-related risks and liabilities
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous catering or event sales experience required
- Three to five years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training
- Resourceful, innovative and forward thinking, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Expertise in financial analysis and planning, budgeting, and marketing
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and stadium rentals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet, database, CRM and word processing programs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Excellent customer service
- Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow
- Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.