Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
The Events Sales Manager for will be responsible for developing and managing the overall, sales and operation of special events at the venue.
- Research, analyze, and develop special event profit generating opportunities
- Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, attending local trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the Organization’s potential client database
- Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations, and groups
- Monitor changes and new developments in the special events industry
- Work closely and build relationships with the Legends food and beverage, and merchandise departments
- Manage and direct all Organization-related event logistics, including managing the events calendar, conducting walk-throughs and stadium visits, and being the primary contact for clients
- Prepare and provide required reports to the Director of Sales, Tours, & Events including special event revenue reports, profit and loss statements, sales recaps, and projections
- Obtain feedback from clients following each special event to determine and analyze client satisfaction, Organizational Performance, and event-related risks and liabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Three to five years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training
- Resourceful, innovative and forward thinking, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Expertise in financial analysis and planning, budgeting, and marketing
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively evaluate risks and liabilities of special events and stadium rentals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet, database, CRM and word processing programs
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Excellent customer service
- Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow
- Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.