Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
LOCAL LA (Los Angeles, CA)
Legends is excited to be launching a new external catering and events company in the LA market. This new business will carefully handcraft unique and one-of-a-kind catering services for any event in the greater LA county. With a focus on providing authentic cuisine made with local ingredients, there is no event Local LA cannot both execute and elevate.
We are interested in bringing local, premium fare to your next party, fundraiser, celebration, and beyond. We are driven by our passion to support local, eat local, and build local experiences, as the nation’s premier culinary and events team.
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and administering the planning, preparation, production, and control of all culinary operations for the new venture. The Executive Chef will report to the General Manager.
- People and product focused hands on management of day to day operations of all catering kitchens. Implements and enforces all departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Assures staff compliance with all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Managing associates utilizing the culinary team through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development. Administers corrective counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability.
- Work with an A list Los Angeles Chef in the Local LA market on menu creation, costing, sourcing, and maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix. Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Prepare reports regarding food and menu analysis.
- Prepare with the GM and controller annual budgets and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Oversees inventory management to assure all outlets are always adequately supplied. Performs periodic inventory. Requisitioning and Purchasing. Maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Oversees the sanitation standards of all kitchens to assure compliance with local health department standards and company standards.
- Oversees all culinary employees to achieve budgetary, food quality and customer service expectations.
- Must have the ability to make effective use of available resources, including time, labor, and materials, and adjust methodologies to maximize productivity.
- Assists in ensuring schedules are complete based on a forecast.
- Must communicate and work closely with General Manager and the A list Los Angeles Chef.
- Cross-train those within the department while encouraging, reinforcing, and supporting your peers and team.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value, and integrity.
- Performing additional related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum three (3) years as an executive chef in a high-volume food industry.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an executive sous chef in a high-volume full-service food operation.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality, food, and labor costs.
- Must have a degree or certification from an accredited culinary arts institute, or apprenticeship certification from the American Culinary Federation.
- Must have excellent managerial, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Open to providing incidental or short-term support to other facilities in the event of a business emergency.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.