We are driven by our passion to support local, eat local, and build local experiences, as the nation’s premier culinary and events team.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
The General Manager is responsible for effectively and profitably managing and directing all day-to-day aspects of the operation and sales for Local LA in the Los Angeles market. The GM functions as the primary strategic business leader with responsibility for all aspects of the new venture, including guest experience, event innovation, financial performance, sales, and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to key stakeholders. The General Manager ensures implementation of the level of service associated with Legends with the objective of exceeding guest expectations and increased profits. Holds leadership team accountable for strategy execution and guides their individual professional development.
- Upholding Legends’ standards for quality and performance in all phases of the food and beverage operations.
- Constantly innovating the guest experience - food, service, communications, etc. Balancing creativity with practical implementation.
- Managing the operational budget, monthly P&L statements, ensuring all financial reporting is accurate.
- Maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with the client and business partners.
- Overseeing management team, including developing talent, promoting from within, coaching, and performance management.
- Developing yearly operational budgets that result in a fiscally sound operation - including product levels and pricing.
- Overseeing monthly inventory.
- Verifying, preparing, and submitting reports/monthly projections as required.
- Working closely with multiple sub-contractors/partners to ensure all standards are met and terms of the contract are followed.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, local, and Legends regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Performing additional related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Establish uniform plan and supply.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years management experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in the new venture space.
- Ideal candidates must have experience in high volume, foodservice accounts, preferably in premium catering or event business, with experience overseeing the sale of alcohol.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Previous P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and POS Systems is required.
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management skills.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in sales and event planning.
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge is essential.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.