Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
The Junior Sous Chef will report to the Sous Chef and will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation.
- Create schedules for the kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service
- Train new and existing staff on the preparation, arrangement, plating and pricing of dishes
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations and that all product goes out in a timely manner at the required temperature
- Create recipe specs and standards
- Managing associates planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development. Administers Corrective Counseling process, training and development, appraisals, payroll accountability.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix. Analyze menu and food costs and the preparation of cost and quality efficient menus/specials. Assist in preparing reports regarding food and menu analysis.
- Assist in preparing annual budgeting and ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met.
- Respond to guest inquiries and concerns personally
- Design new menu selections for the Cafe based on seasonal ingredients and guest demand; showcase affinity for, and knowledge of, local product
- Purchase all food product and related supplies while maintaining effective vendor relationships
- Track, record and replenish all food and inventory as needed
- Add a purchasing component for all food
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and cleanliness
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible rating from the Health Department
- Assist in the oversite of daily Café operations (May need to cover shifts)
- Assist in the training, safety, sanitation and accident prevention controls within the kitchen
- Continuously develop and test recipes as well as techniques for food preparation and presentation to ensure high quality
- Assists in the assurance of consistent food qualities in both presentation and preparation
- Ensures the maintenance of kitchen equipment on a daily basis and during events while working with offsite caters
- Report and document hazardous conditions or unsafe practices within the work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ideal candidate will have a culinary degree or have graduated from a certified apprenticeship program with a minimum of 2-3 years management experience in high fast-paced high volume restaurant or in the contract foodservice industry for a sports and entertainment venue
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service with demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management skills
- Customer service oriented with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Strong leadership skills
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.