The Pastry cook is responsible for the setup, service and cleaning of pastry area and preparing a variety of baked goods daily. Must be available for event days. Event days are typically Sunday, but may also include Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
- Position requires an extensive knowledge of basic baking and cooking techniques: baking cookies, cakes, sponge; making mousse, custards, meringue; cooking fruit products, etc..
- Follow procedures and directions of the Pastry Chef and Management
- Assist in developing and tasting recipes
- Does specialized pastries for catering events and specialized decorating when needed
- Assisting in baking breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Plating Desserts to order and performing breakfast, lunch, or dinner pastry station service
- Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical.
- Follows proper serving methods, including serving correct portion sizes
- Follows recipes and cooking procedures as directed by the Pastry Chef
- Sees that menu board is prepared and proper terms are used for all food items.
- Break-down and cleaning of various stations.
- Inspects all areas and locks secured areas at the end of each shift.
- Able to carry 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Full competent in all aspects of baking and pastry
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a high volume preparation environment
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Ability to lift/move/maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.